Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Summer Of McDonald's

I promised myself I would have more time off this summer. I promised it would be relaxing and fun. So, at least I have kept part of my promises. Parts have been relaxing, and my sink full of dishes can attest to that. Parts have been fun, and my kids might agree depending on when you ask them. Unfortunately, I have not worked less. In fact, this has been my busiest work summer yet.

The problem with summer work is that it leads to guilt. The guilt leads me to procrastinate about a number of things. And this all leads to the Ashlyn, Darrien, Emily, Lathaniel, and I getting out of the house to do something. Most often this means shopping or eating, since the weather hasn't been all that great. Eating usually means McDonald's because the kids can run around and play. So here I sit In the play area. At least Darrien said, "This is the best day ever!"



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers