Saturday, April 9, 2011

Spring Break 2011

Spring break wasn't extraordinary, but it was everything we needed it to be. We went on several excursions to the park on the days it was warm. We went to the play area in the mall on the days it wasn't. It was one of those lay around and watch movies kind of weeks and we enjoyed it all.

During Spring Break, Ashlyn finished reading Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, which brought her shear delight. My favorite thing she said while reading it, "I like reading books more than watching movies because I get to make my own picture in my mind."

All the kids are growing up so fast I sometimes wish I could freeze time, but there are other moments when I am overjoyed with how much more self-sufficient each one gets with each passing day. Darrien lost his sixth tooth and is beginning to look like he needs dentures. Emily is getting better at better and writing and includes writing on every picture she draws. She is quite the budding artist, much like Ashlyn was at six. And, Lathaniel is even saying a few more words. His is still selectively mute, or so I believe, since the words and phrases he says are much harder than the words he refuses to say. For example, he say, "There you are!" and "Darrien" but refuses to say MOM!

I am sad that it is Saturday because it means Spring Break is coming to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers